Already have a Username/Password for International Journal of Circumpolar Health?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
By checking off the sub-items below #1-7 you formally take responsibility for the guarantees given therein and may be held accountable for any breach thereof. Note that this procedure is instead of, but just as valid as, signing the agreement on paper.
- I, the submitting author, shall be the point of contact throughout the peer review and proofreading process (if applicable).
- I, the submitting author, warrant that I am authorized by all co-authors to submit this version of the manuscript and to be their spokesperson during the review process and beyond.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that this manuscript – or a very similar version – has not previously been submitted to another journal or similar publication.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that the submitted manuscript is original, and that neither it nor any illustration or supplementary material, or any part thereof, are in any way in violation of any existing original or derivative copyright.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that the submitted manuscript contains nothing obscene, indecent, objectionable or libelous according to generally accepted norms.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that any interests that might impair the credibility of the manuscript are disclosed in the cover letter to the Editor, which letter may be uploaded at the same time as the manuscript.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that I and my co-authors shall indemnify and hold harmless Co-Action Publishing and The Circumpolar Health Research Network (CircHNet) as to warranties and representations of the author's ownership, originality, or similar breaches. Such indemnification shall last beyond publication of the article, as well as extend to all related claims.
I/we have strictly followed the Author Guidelines and made sure that:
- References are in in accordance with journal style
- URLs to online references are provided and ready to click (e.g. www.co-action.net)
- All references mentioned in the Reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa
- All tables and figures are referred to in the text
- Abbreviations in tables and figures are explained in the table notes and figure captions
- (If you are not a native speaker) The English text has been revised using a professional manuscript editing company e.g. Cambridge Language Consultant, Write Scientific Right, Editage, Cambridge Proofreading LTD , Quality Proofreading by PSUK, Scribendi Inc. or similar services (which can be found on the web using search terms such as “scientific editing service” or “manuscript editing service”.) All services are paid for and arranged by the author. Use of one of these services does not guarantee acceptance or preference for publication.
- The text has not been justified; a ragged right-hand margin has been used
- Only one space has been entered after the full-stop at the end of a sentence
- A double hyphen (--) has been used to indicate a dash in text TAB has been used when indenting paragraphs or separating columns in tables
- Italics or ‘single quotes’ have been used for emphasis (avoid using underlines)
- The same elements have been keyed in exactly the same way throughout the manuscript
- No tables, figures and legends have been uploaded separately. On the contrary, I/we have provided a complete manuscript PDF-file, with all tables, figures, legends and supplementary material (if applicable) placed at the end of the manuscript, following the references.
Only the cover letter and title page will be supplied separately, during step four of the submission process.
Please observe that the journal adheres to a blind review process and thus the title page revealing the identity of the authors will be uploaded separately (in Step 4 of the submission process)
- I have suggested 4 potential reviewers (names and email addresses) in the "Comments for the Editor" field below.
- I have read the Publication fee information, including information about withdrawal of manuscript, as indicated here
Copyright and License Notice
Authors contributing to International Journal of Circumpolar Health retain the copyright of their work but agree to publish their articles under the terms of the Creative Commons CC-BY 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, for any purpose, even commercially, under the condition that appropriate credit is given, that a link to the license is provided, and that you indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Like most website operators, Co-Action Publishing collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Co-Action Publishing’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Co-Action Publishing’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Co-Action Publishing may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Co-Action Publishing also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. However, Co-Action Publishing does not use such information to identify its visitors, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Co-Action Publishing’s websites interact with Co-Action Publishing in ways that require Co-Action Publishing to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Co-Action Publishing gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask authors who are to pay a publication fee at www.co-action.net to provide certain details. Those who engage in transactions with Co-Action Publishing – by paying publication fees, for example – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Co-Action Publishing collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Co-Action Publishing. Co-Action Publishing does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Co-Action Publishing may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Co-Action Publishing may monitor the most popular parts of the website. Co-Action Publishing may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Co-Action Publishing does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Co-Action Publishing discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Co-Action Publishing’s behalf or to provide services available at Co-Action Publishing’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Co-Action Publishing’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Co-Action Publishing will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Co-Action Publishing discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Co-Action Publishing believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Co-Action Publishing, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of a Co-Action Publishing website and have supplied your email address, Co-Action Publishing may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with Co-Action Publishing’s products and services.
Thanks to Automattic and Own Terms.